Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Me Next!

Hi ladies,

I'm Rebecca and you can find me at Feel My Love.

I'm 30 years old and have been married to my best friend and soul-mate, Cliff, for 5 1/2 years.  We live in West Virginia with Max and Kali - our cat and dog babies.  We do not have human children yet.

I am a cradle Catholic, but in the last year have truly crossed the bridge from admiring Jesus to following Jesus. Crossing this bridge has challenged me to think about how I view women's roles and really forced me to consider what my values are.  I didn't go to catholic school ever and my CCD experience was somewhat fragmented.  Cliff went through the RCIA 6 years ago, and his faith challenges me every day.  The way he describes his moment of baptism gives me chills.

I'm blessed to be a part of this amazing group of women and I look forward to learning from you all!

8 comments:

  1. Sweet Rebecca! I am so happy to share this experience with you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for joining! I'm excited to hear what you think of the book, and to learn more about your faith journey.

    You are a LOST fan, yes? I am reading an interesting book this week called "The Gosepel According to LOST". I think you'd like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a LOST fan! February 2, ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also addicted to LOST!

    Rebecca - So glad you clued me in to this book club. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "truly crossed the bridge from admiring Jesus to following Jesus" - what a beautiful distinction! Glad you're here, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Elizabeth's comment. That is a great way of putting it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I share a similar story to yours, with realizing everyday requires a willingness of heart to truly follow and not just admire. Glad to have you here. :)

    ReplyDelete