Friday, January 15, 2010

Hello! I'm finally getting around to introducing myself; sorry for the delay! I'm Lenae, married to my sweet husband for almost 5 years, and we have three sons (3 1/2, 21 months, and 4 months). We are an Air Force family, currently stationed in Georgia :)

I was not raised in a Christian home. In high school I began attending a youth group at a Pentecostal church and shortly after asked Christ to be the Lord of my life. (My husband and I now consider ourselves non-denominational Christians, and attend a n-d church.)

As for feminism, I've had an interesting time sorting my thoughts on it since I left the active duty Air Force to be at home with my first son. I was raised by two working parents who were horrified when I voluntarily decided to abandon the pursuit of my own career. They are still disappointed in me, and the ongoing conflict has forced me to examine modern feminism in contrast to biblical femininity. I look forward to reading this book and seeing what everyone has to say!

4 comments:

  1. It's so good to "see" you here, too!! We also had some confused looks when I stopped working after we moved. I am still looked with a bit of caution from some family members.

    Looking forward to reading even more of your writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Lenae! Yes, the differences between modern feminism and biblical femininity are striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to hear your perspectives on this subject. It sounds like you should have a lot to add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stinks that your parents aren't more supportive. Hopefully they will grow to appreciate your choice more with time.

    I am glad that you are "here." You will have to give us tips for finding time to read with 3 children 3 & under!

    ReplyDelete