Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why don't we have anything to say about this chapter?

Until Sarah and Kay posted last night, there were no discussions about this chapter. I was trying to figure out why.

It may be that we've just hit a bit of a lull in the club (maybe we should read more than a chapter a week?) but I suspect it's more a combination of (a) some disappointment in the book so far and (b) we've heard it all.

It's not that my blood wasn't pumping when I read it - whenever I hear about the sexual revolution I get fired up. And yet, while it left me upset, I didn't feel like I had anything noteworthy to say. It's not like I learned anything new. Here's hoping the next chapter has more blog fodder!

3 comments:

  1. "And yet, while it left me upset, I didn't feel like I had anything noteworthy to say." -That pretty much sums it up for me thus far. It's good reading, I just seem to fall flat when I try to think of something to say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, yeah. I underlined some things, and I was like, well, I could just post the passages I underlined. But that seemed sort of pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my problem with posting on this chapter is that I'm way behind. I just finally read it today! Too much time in the gym, I guess. (Sitting on the bleachers watching B-ball, not working out, unfortunately.)

    ReplyDelete