Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Video on New Feminism

I found this video of Catholic law professor Helen Alvare , discussing the New Feminism. I know this isn't directly from the book, but I am sure that it is relevant.

I'd love to embed it here, but I don't know how to embed on blogger, so here's the link to the video. I promise it's worth looking at (and about 5 mins. long).

(Edit by Elizabeth - I embedded the video. To do it on blogger, click on the "embed" button to the right of the video on YouTube and copy/paste the code into the post, from the "edit HTML" tab.)



What you think of New Feminism? How do you think Mrs. E F-G would view this video?

3 comments:

  1. This video has been in my drafts for quite a while! I may, or may not, be in love with Helen Alvare. :-)

    At this point I don't think that E F-G would have been able to deal with this sort of thing. But maybe she could have processed it as useful, I am trying to keep reading the book with an open mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks E -- I know you have my back when it comes to blogger skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like what she has to say. That is the type of feminism that I am falling in love with. The type of feminism that embraces our feminism as a gift in its uniqueness and service. I love that it is brought up as not being a competition with men, and I love that it cannot be something that ignores children.

    ReplyDelete